Five Things You Need To Know June 23
Here's your daily dose of what to know today.
Good morning, Lilburn. Here’s a digital check list for Thursday, June 23.
- A Mighty Wind (And Rain): It seems we don’t get rain in these parts without a little dramatic accompaniment. More trees on houses, heavy downpours and power outages came with Wednesday’s storms. There was more than an inch of rain recorded at Lilburn Patch HQ yesterday and overnight, and more is expected. Rain is in the forecast for the next few days, including a 40-pecenrt chance and a high of 89 today.
- Lunch and Learn: The Lilburn Woman’s Club hosts its second in a series on teen dating violence with a luncheon and discussion from 11:30 a.m to 1 p.m. at Colossus Pizza on Five Forks-Trickum Road. The event is geared toward educators, but open to all.
- Who Wants to Hear a Story? The Lilburn and Mountain Park branches of the Gwinnett County Public Library holds programs for ages 2-5 and 6-10 today. The program begins at 11 a.m. at Mountain Park and 2 p.m. at Lilburn.
- Good of the Order: The City of Lilburn Alcohol Review Board meets tonight at 7 p.m. at the City Hall conference room. On the agenda: Application by the Lilburn Café for a bear/wine license; application for change of ownership of the Lilburn Bottle Shop; discussion of possible ordinance amendments.
- Two Days and Counting: Lilburn Idol is scheduled for 7 p.m. (weather willing) at Lilburn City Park. Bring a blanket (and quarters to vote) and plan to pick up a picnic at the Lilburn Farmer’s Market, which starts nearby at 4 p.m.