Halloween is a fun and spooky day for kids. Here are some tips to help make it safe for you and your family.
- When buying or making a costume make sure that the eyeholes are big enough to see out of and that there is no long and billowing material that could brush against a flame and ignite or trip the wearer.
- When trick-or-treating use a flashlight, glow stick or wear reflective material to alert cars of your presence.
- Be sure to check candy for rips/tears in the packaging or other hazards before giving it to kids to eat.
- When carving pumpkins be sure to keep sharp objects away from young children.
- It’s safer to use a flashlight or a glow stick rather than a candle in jack-o-lanterns to prevent unnecessary fires.
- When driving, be sure to pay careful attention to small children darting into the street so you can avoid hitting them.
Follow these tips to have a fun and safe night of fright.