What do you know about the l at (SMP) besides the great shopping?
Here are five things to keep in mind as you plan your trip - or multiple trips - to the annual event, now in its 44th year (Stone Mountain Park also answers frequently asked questions about the Yellow Daisy Festival):
1. Admission to the Yellow Daisy Festival is free BUT you must pay a vehicle entrance fee of $10 to get into Stone Mountain Park. If you've got SMP's annual parking sticker and it hasn't expired, you're good to go.
2. Leave Fido and Fluffy at home. Pets are not allowed at the Yellow Daisy Festival.
3. Plan your shopping day! Here's the festival schedule:
Thursday, September 6: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday, September 7: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday, September 8: 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Sunday, September 9: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
4. Patronize the locals! Three crafters at the festival live right in Stone Mountain:
- Brenda Elliott (stained glass)
- Darlene Jeffares (children’s clothing)
- Jean McCormick (personalized lap desks).
5. Don't forget the entertainment! Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Shawn Mullins is scheduled to perform Friday, September 7 from 4:30-6 p.m.
Do you plan to attend the Yellow Daisy Festival this year? What's your favorite thing to do? Who are your favorite arts-and-crafters? Tell us in the comments section below.