- Showers and a possible thunderstorm in the morning giving way to mostly cloudy skies and a high of only77. Chance of rain 60%. Georgia's Clean Air Campaign is forecasting an air quality of 42 tomorrow which is GOOD: Air quality is good. Enjoy activities. (We advise you have your umbrella handy ... just in case!) We'll keep you updated with weather alerts here and on the Lilburn Patch Facebook page.
- The best price locally is $3.25 at the Murphy USA - 3950 Lawrenceville Hwy NW, though one of our readers reminds us that with Kroger discounts for using their customer card, you can save .03 per gallon. Before you head out for the day, check out our Commute Widget for live traffic updates and the latest gas prices around Lilburn!
Hollywood, Holidays & Observances:
- June 1st was declared as Helen Keller Day by Lions Clubs International, in 1971. It's a day for vision testing events, eyeglass donation collections, and other sight-related programs which are traditional causes for the Lions Clubs.
- Today is Double-Dare Day as well as Early Bird Day. This procrastinator is taking that to heart - but it will likely take a triple-dog-dare to schedule that exercise regimen!
- There's still time to register your Home and Business Monitored Alarm Systems online. You must register by June 15 to be in compliance with Lilburn's ordinance or you will be subject to a fine.
- Today is the opening day of Lilburn's Farmers Market. There are more than 40 vendors with everything fresh from the farm and the ovens! The market is located in the Greenway Trail parking lot across from Lilburn City Hall and is open 4 PM to 8 PM every Friday from June through August.
Providence Christian's Final Game of the Championship Series is scheduled to be played today in Charlton County. Splitting the series yesterday, the game is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. We'll let you know if the live feed is available; check back here and on our Facebook page for updates on scores as we get them!