- With a sunrise at 6:26 a.m. and sunny skies with a few afternoon showers, forecasters predict a high of 88. Sunset is at 8:51 p.m. making this the longest day of the year. We'll keep you updated with weather alerts here and on the Lilburn Patch Facebook page.
- Georgia's Clean Air Campaign has stepped us down from a smog alert today - the air quality index of 80 which is moderate: especially for those who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
Hollywood, Holidays & Observances:
- Summer Solstice ... Usually falls on June 21, but because of Leap Year, today is the longest day of 2012 - Sunrise is at 6:26 and Sunset at 8:51. You can find out more about the Solstice in today's edition of the Lilburn Patch.
- It's American Eagle Day. In 2008 the US Senate and House of Representatives approved the idea to make June 20th a day to celebrate America's mascot. For years an endangered species, the American Bald Eagle was removed from the endangered species list on June 28, 2007. Good reason to celebrate the come-back of this noble bird.
- Lilburn DDA will have a meeting this evening beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can find details of the meeting here.
- Start getting your things together for the Lilburn Garage Sale this Saturday, June 23, 2012 from 9:00 AM until noon. You can register this week; space is limited and usually fills up fast.
- Though you can still register your home and business monitored alarm systems online as of June 15, false alarms with systems not registered with the City of Lilburn are subject to a fine that can be up to $500.
- The Summer Edition of the Lilburn Newsletter is now available online. If you didn't get yours in the mail, you can find it here.
- Make your plans now for the Sparkle in the Park, July 4th Celebration!
- Our commute widget shows the best gas price have levelled out locally at $3.20 at Murphy USA 3950 Lawrenceville Hwy NW and $3.22 in many places around town. Before you head out for the day, check our Commute Widget for live traffic updates and the latest gas prices around Lilburn.