- Building up to some expected weekend highs, the temperature today is expected to be 89 and the UV Index is 11 - which is EXTREME. Pull out the sunblock - find some shade or some A/C and keep it cool! We'll keep you updated with weather alerts here and on the Lilburn Patch Facebook page.
- Georgia's Clean Air Campaign predicts an air quality index of 101 which is A CODE ORANGE ALERT:People with heart or lung disease (including asthma), older adults and children should cut back or reschedule strenuous activities.
Hollywood, Holidays & Observances:
- June 27 is Paul Bunyon Day! NOT to be confused with a Sasquatch, Paul Bunyon and his ox, Babe, are credited with creating some of the great geographic feats that form some of our nation's topography such as the 10,000 lakes of Minnesota are really created by his giant footsteps..
- June 27 is also Smokey the Bear Day. In 1950, an 8 pound black bear cub was found after a forest fire. Suffering from serious burns, he was named "Hot Foot Teddy." He lived to be 26 years old and was renamed Smokey the Bear.
- It's going to be a busy week in Lilburn! We've got the on Friday afternoon beginning at 4:00 p.m. and on Friday night! Mark your calendars now!
- The Summer Edition of the Lilburn Newsletter is now available online. If you didn't get yours in the mail, you can find it here.
- Make your plans now for the Sparkle in the Park, July 4th Celebration! Decorate your bike in your best festive red, white and blue for the Bicycle Parade; bring a blanket and some chairs to listen to some great music; spend the day among your neighbors. It's going to be a great time!
- Our commute widget shows the best gas price close to Lilburn is at KROGER FUEL CENTER(DISCOUNT AVAILABLE) 4002 Stone Mountain Highway in Snellville: Ready for this?? **$2.88 ** Definitely worth the little side trip! Before you head out for the day, check our Commute Widget for live traffic updates and the latest gas prices around Lilburn.