- It's going to be a mostly sunny day with the high in the low 90's and the low of around 68 in the evening which may have some scattered thunderstorms. Georgia's Clean Air Campaign is forecasting an air quality of 72 tomorrow which is Moderate: People who are unusually sensitive to air pollution should consider reducing prolonged or heavy exertion.
- The best price locally is still $3.26 at the Murphy USA - 3950 Lawrenceville Hwy NW. Before you head out for the day, check out our Commute Widget for live traffic updates and the latest gas prices around Lilburn!
Hollywood, Holidays & Observances:
- May 31 is Macaroon Day. A special little cookie, the macaroon has an interesting heritage. It is traditionally served durin the Jewish Passover; it is a flourless cookie typically made with ground nuts, coconut, egg whites and potato starch.
- Today is Clint Eastwood's birthday, "traditionally" celebrated as "Make My Day" Day.
- It is also a good day to quit smoking as today is "World No-Tobacco Day" so proclaimed by the World Health Organization.
- There's still time to register your Home and Business Monitored Alarm Systems online. You must register by June 15 to be in compliance with Lilburn's ordinance or you will be subject to a fine.
- Don't forget that tomorrow is the opening day of Lilburn's Farmers Market. There are moe than 40 vendors with everything fresh from the farm and the ovens! The market is located in the Greenway Trail parking lot across from Lilburn City Hall and is open 4 PM to 8 PM every Friday from June through August.
Providence Christian's Championship Game is scheduled to be played today in Charlton County. The first game of the Championship Series begins at 4:00; the second is scheduled for 6:30. You can watch the game live on the Charlton County Sports Net. The Lilburn Patch will keep you updated with scores and schedules as we get more information.