Good morning Lilburn. Here's your daily dose of what to know for Wednesday, July 6.
- Good of the Order: If you made plans to attend the monthly meeting next week, you can take the night off. The Council has canceled the meeting and will meet again on Aug. 8 (which by the way is the first day of the 2011-12 school year).
- At the Libraries: Wednesday afternoon programs offer more than books at our local libraries. ’s Craft-A-Rama program is at 2 p.m. The teen summer reading program at the of the Gwinnett Library has an Xbox 360 Kinect hour, beginning g at 3:30 p.m.
- Weather-Bugged: Here we go again — high of 92 degrees with a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms, according to Weather.com; 90 degrese and a 60-percent chance, says WeatherBug. Take yer pick, but count on storms, some which could be strong.
- Sole Survivor: One building survived the 1920 fire that destroyed most of Lilburn’s business district. The Main Street Building, the red-brick building that houses , still stands today.
- Odd Couple: Former Pres. George W. Bush (1946) and rapper 50 Cent (1975) were both born on this date.