Good morning, Lilburn. Here’s a digital check list for Tuesday, June 14.
- Get Patriotic: If you notice American flags flying all over Lilburn today, don’t think you have mistakenly slept through the second half of June and it’s now Independence Day (that means you still have to go to work). It’s Flag Day, yo. Ever since President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed June 14 as Flag Day, we’ve been honoring the Stars and Stripes. Here’s a tip, courtesy of the Los Angeles Times: If you display the flag vertically, the stars should be positioned in the upper left corner.
- Yellow is Better: It should be noted that the smog alert today is for a Code Yellow, breaking our string of Code Oranges. That means the smog and air pollutants will be only moderately unpleasant. This might be the last chance to take a decent deep breath of air until the fall.
- Weather Chatter: The thing about summer weather — once you’re in the 90’s you’re never too far away from setting a high-temperature record. It’ll be hot again, but the forecast of 91 degrees and somewhat bearable humidity will be a bit more comfy today.
- Lilburn Factoid: Picked this up at the Monday night City Council meeting — City Manager Bill Johnsa was a pitcher at Mercer University, with an 89 mph fastball. How about now? “About 30 mph,” he said.
- Will Justin Be There? We don’t know if there will be a Bieber sighting, but Selena Gomez is expected for six hours of meeting and greeting fans . The stop is to promote her upcoming movie “Monte Carlo.” Mark your planner for 2 p.m.-6 p.m.