Good morning, Lilburn. Here’s a digital check list for Thursday, June 23.
- A Mighty Wind (And Rain): It seems we don’t get rain in these parts without a little dramatic accompaniment. More trees on houses, heavy downpours and power outages came with . There was more than an inch of rain recorded at Lilburn Patch HQ yesterday and overnight, and more is expected. Rain is in the forecast for the next few days, including a 40-pecenrt chance and a high of 89 today.
- : The Lilburn Woman’s Club hosts its second in a series on teen dating violence with a luncheon and discussion from 11:30 a.m to 1 p.m. at on Five Forks-Trickum Road. The event is geared toward educators, but open to all.
- Who Wants to Hear a Story? The and branches of the Gwinnett County Public Library holds programs for ages 2-5 and 6-10 today. The program begins at 11 a.m. at Mountain Park and 2 p.m. at Lilburn.
- Good of the Order: The City of Lilburn Alcohol Review Board meets tonight at 7 p.m. at the conference room. On the agenda: Application by the for a bear/wine license; application for change of ownership of the ; discussion of possible ordinance amendments.
- Two Days and Counting: is scheduled for 7 p.m. (weather willing) at . Bring a blanket (and quarters to vote) and plan to pick up a picnic at the , which starts nearby at 4 p.m.