Good morning, Lilburn. Here is your daily dose of what to know for Thursday, June 30.
- Live Music Friday: If you haven’t taken in some of the smooth sounds that have been echoing in Old Town Lilburn on recent weekends, you might want to check it out this weekend. Friday night the returns to the Little Shop of Art and Antiques to share some truly entertaining live music from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Pair it with a visit to the .
- Gas Gauge: The lowest gas price in Lilburn’s 30047 zip code at the end of the evening Wednesday, according to GeorgiaGasPrices.com, was $3.39 for a gallon of regular unleaded at the on Harmony Grove Road. For just a penny more, there are at least 10 other stations offering gas at $3.40.
- Now for the Weather: It wouldn’t be a “Five Things to Know” submission without a forecast. We all know it’s gonna be hot (92 degrees), but at least we’re not in Dallas, Texas, where it will be 102 today. Here’s what a rainless radar looks like.
- More Lilburn History: Lilburn had no official Civil War battle, but behind the “History” link on the city’s website is an account of a “skirmish” fought in the area of the Yellow River near Five Forks-Trickum Road. There, Union troops were foraging for supplies when they came across Confederate troops and fighting broke out.
- Aussie Tax Time: From the “You Can’t Get This Kind of Info Just Anywhere” Dept., today is Australia’s “April 15th.” June 30 is tax deadline day for residents Down Under, mate.