.

Fire Forces Family of 8 from Lilburn Home

The duplex the two adults and six children were living in suffered heavy damage from a fire that appeared to have started in the fireplace.

A family of eight was forced out of their home Friday night following a fire at their Lilburn home.

Gwinnett County firefighters were called to the duplex at 515 Holly Ridge NW in unincorporated Lilburn at about 6:30pm. When they arrived they found flames and smoke coming from the second floor and eaves of the home. The fire already raced up the chimney chase and into the attic. 

Firefighters worked quickly and were able to keep the flames from spreading to an adjoining unit, which was vacant. The fire caused heavy damage to the duplex where it began. The neighboring unit suffered slight-residual smoke damage.

Investigators believe the fire began with a fire burning in the fireplace. Firefighters recommend having all heating appliances, including the fireplace, inspected annually.

The two adults and six children were displaced. The Red Cross is assisting the family.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »