.

Home Deemed Total Loss After Fire

The fire took place late Friday morning off Stafford Drive. Hazardous complications arose when the electrical service line to the home collapsed.

A Lilburn home has been deemed a total loss being engulfed in flames Friday, Feb. 1.

No injuries were reported, and it's unknown if the house is vacant or occupied, according to Gwinnett County Fire spokesman Lt. Colin Rhoden.

Firefighters arrived at the single-family residence, located on the 5200 block of Stafford Drive near Dickens Road, at 11:32 a.m. after a caller told 911 that flames and smoke were coming from the roof and attic.

Working from the outside due to the high heat and fire conditions, the fire crew battled the fire at the two-story home. The flames were officially out at 12:21 p.m.

While they were putting out the flames, though, the electrical service line to the home collapsed and was arcing on the right side of the house onto a wooden fence and across the driveway, according to Rhoden. The service line fell from the fire burning through it, causing a hazard, so the electrical service company was called to disconnect the power to the line. 

The majority of the roof was burned off and compromised. Even after searching the interior of the house to extinguish hotspots and securing the building, firefighters are still inside working the scene.

The cause of the fire was not stated at the time of the news release. A Gwinnett County Fire investigator was called to the scene and will start the investigation on arrival, Rhoden said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something