- Approved unanimously (4-0) the following appointments for 2014:
- City appointments
- Board and commission appointments
- City Clerk: Melissa Penate
- Approved a $94,000 contract with Gary's Grading and Pipeline Company of Monroe for completion of Hillcrest Road sidewalks, which will take 60-90 days for construction. The $150,000 state community development block grant project will take the sidewalks all the way to Indian Trail Road. Vote: 4-0
- Revised the noise ordinance to make it less subjective and more enforceable by adding noise meter enforcement. The ordinance regulates sound levels in the entire city with certain exceptions in Old Town to allow for events and commercial activity. Vote: 4-0
- Approved changes to the alcohol ordinance to allow compliant businesses to renew an alcohol license administratively through City Hall rather than having to go before the Alcohol Review Board each year. Businesses with violations or any issues would have to receive board approval. Also, new licenses would have to receive approval through the board. The changes also add a conditional renewal of alcohol licenses, as well as amenity licenses for non-food establishments, such as an art studio that serves wine. Vote: 4-0
- Established a mural policy to set guidelines for appropriate content and location without restricting artistic expression. Vote: 4-0
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something