Lilburn City Council Agenda
7:30 p.m. February 10, 2014
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
III. ROLL CALL
1. CAMP CREEK GREENWAY TRAIL DEDICATION
Join the City on Saturday, February 22 for the dedication of the Camp Creek Greenway Trail as a National Wildlife Federation Certified Wildlife Habitat. The dedication will be at 10 a.m. This was made possible by the GFWC Lilburn Woman’s Club Conservation Program.
V. CEREMONIAL MATTER - NONE
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT
1. Scintel Technologies would like to formally recognize the 4 Police Officers who assisted a man who walked to court.
2. Timothy K. Pojunas – Newly revised Noise Ordinance
VII. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Consideration of the City Council minutes from January 13, 2014.
VIII. PUBLIC HEARING
1. HILLCREST REZONING – RZ-2014-01 – JEFF ROYAL CB, COMMERCIAL BUSINESS TO R-2 MEDIUM DENSITY – DIRECTOR OF PLANNING & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
RZ-204-01: Application of Jeff Royal/Indian Trail Professional Park, LLC, for rezoning from commercial business (CB) to medium density residential (R-2) for a 6-ubit townhome development on Hillcrest Road, adjacent to the Lilburn Library.
The applicant Everett Royal presented a proposal at the Planning Commission Meeting, held in January. Mr. Royal explained that the site plan was conceptual; and there is additional engineering necessary to determine the exact location of flood plain, and configuration of lots. Indian Trail Professional Park, LLC, has agreed upon the R-2 zoning, mixture of exterior materials so the units are each unique, and it would be a fee simple ownership.
Staff and the Planning Commission both recommend a motion to approve application RZ-2014-01: Jeff Royal/Indian Trail Professional Park, LLC., with the following conditions: provide the Planning & Economic Development Department with more detailed rendering prior to issuance of a building permit; provide a brick (minimum 2’ tall) water-table along the sides of the building; and provide 5-foot wide sidewalks across the entire site.
1. PROVIDENCE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY SOUND SYSTEM REQUEST – DIRECTOR OF PLANNING & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
A special use permit was granted to Providence Christian Academy (PCA) back in 1997. The permit stipulated that “no public address system allowed on property unless approved by the city council.”
Attachments: Request from PCA
2. WORK SESSION ONLY - 2012/2013 AUDIT REPORT – FINANCE DIRECTOR
2012/2013 Fiscal Year Audit Highlights for the City of Lilburn – Items to be handed out at the meeting.