The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a wind advisory to remain in effect from noon to 8 p.m. today.
In addition to this, a high fire danger conditions alert has been issued for today and into the early evening hours. Both of the advisories are for most of north and central Georgia, including Gwinnett county.
- Winds northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
- Sustained winds of at least 20 mph expected.
- Impacts loose or unsecured light weight objects may be blown around by the strong winds.
- Winds this strong make driving difficult, especially for high-profile vehicles.
- Use extra caution.
- High fire danger due to strong gusty winds and some low relative humidities.
- Sustained winds 10 to 20, gusts to 35, humidity will likely stay above 25 percent.
- With generally dry fuels, high fire danger conditions can be expected.
- Refer to local burn permitting authorities for outside burn restrictions.
- If you do burn, use extreme caution.