Wednesday was a moment of celebration for seven Parkview High athletes who officially signed letters of intent to play college football.
Many family and friends crowded into the commons area after school for the special ceremony on National Signing Day, Feb. 6.
Those present at the Parkview High signing ceremony (and the colleges they will be attending) were:
- Chris Carson, Butler Community College
- Blake Dunham, Faulkner
- Micah Finley, Valdosta State
- Freddie Hart, Shorter University
- Jay Turner, Coastal Carolina
- Shaq Vereen, Air Force
- Kyle Williams, Air Force
"We congratulate all of the athletes, all of the families, all of you guys for the great support (over) the year," said Head Coach Cecil Flowe at the ceremony. "These guys sitting on this table made a lot of our success possible."
Besides the seven students signing letters of intent Wednesday, Flowe said there may be as many as 10 football players total signing scholarships.
"This is one of the largest classes that we've ever had sign here at Parkview High School for football," he said to the audience.
According to media reports, Parkview High School ended the season as No. 9 in the state, reaching the Class AAAAAA quarterfinals.
The signing ceremony was presented live on PlayOn! Sports.
- Football Scholarship Commitments in Lilburn
- National Signing Day: Major College Commits of Gwinnett Football Players
- Parkview Falls to Colquitt County 31-15