Parkview High School's wrestling team has five wrestlers who have qualified for the traditional state tournament this week.
The tournament takes place Feb. 14-16 in Macon, Ga., according to the Georgia High School Association. Fans may watch the match live via GHSA.tv for a nominal fee, or after the conclusion of the tournament for free.
Parkview Panthers Qualifying
- Zak Dean, weight 113:
- Record: 27 wins, 22 losses, 11 wins by pin
- Andrew Webb, weight 126
- Record: 47 wins, 15 losses, 18 wins by pin
- Will Anderson, weight 132
- Record: 30 wins, 28 losses, 14 wins by pin
- Khalil Shakur, weight 160
- Record: 52 wins, 8 losses, 17 wins by pin. He is currently No. 1 in the state at 160 pounds in Class AAAAAA, according to Gwinnett Prep Sports. He also won the Gwinnett County championship this season and broke the school and county takedown record with 258 (currently). The old school and county record was 252.
- Harrison Schmid, weight 195
- Record: 47 wins, 8 losses, 38 wins by pin
From Coach Joshua Porter: "Khalil, Harrison, and Andrew all have wrestling people predicting them to place at the tournament. All five of them are perfectly capable of doing so if they believe in themselves and want it bad enough. I believe in them!"
- Parkview Wrestlers Ready to Rumble