Good morning, Lilburn. Here’s a digital check list for Friday, June 10.
- It’s Chopper Time: Thanks to a life-sized stuffed animal, there’s a good reason for your young kids to tag along with you at tonight’s . Gwinnett Braves mascot Chopper will be at the market between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. to entertain the kids, while promoting Lilburn Night at the Gwinnett Braves on June 16. High-five Chopper, find out how to celebrate baseball with your community and purchase some of the freshest produce you’ll find anywhere.
- Old Town Happenings: Barbara Barth, owner of the (also a Local Voices blogger on Lilburn Patch), is dedicated to bringing more attention to Old Town Lilburn. That’s why you’ll always find something happening around her shop. Tonight, brings cool sounds on a hot evening with jazz, soul, R&B and country music. On Saturday, UGA horticulturalist and author shares his garden stories. There's reason to come to Old Town.
- A funny reason to visit Buford: You can’t go farther away from home and still stay in Gwinnett County than to visit Buford. Nashville comedian headlines comedy tonight and Saturday at the Buford Variety Theater. Both shows are at 9 p.m.; tickets are $15. Strickland likes to poke fun at himself: “I’m shaped like a pear, which means I’m delicious.”
- This has to be a typo. It’ll be another 90-degree day, but get this — the Weather Channel says there's a 40-percent chance for storms today and tonight (50 percent for Saturday, by the way). Seeing is believing. Until then, don’t forget the sunblock.
- : has a meal-packing event 10 a.m.-1 p.m. to benefit third-world needs. Looking for a chance to volunteer your time for a good cause? This is it.