Located adjacent to Parkview High School, Camp Creek Elementary offers its students a wide ranged of academic and extra-curricular activities. The school excels in both regards.
Camp Creek, a Georgia School of Excellence winner, was awarded the Governor's Silver Award in 2005-06 for its success in the standardized Criterion-Referenced Content Tests (CRCT), with more that 96 percent of its students meeting or exceeding state standards, including at least 25 percent exceeding.
Camp Creek has the county's only elementary-school violin orchestra, and offers many other unique opportunities, such as a piano keyboard lab, daily Spanish classes and a full science lab.
The school's active PTA was given a National Parent Involvement Award in 2007. Camp Creek also was named a "Taking Action Green School" by Gwinnett Clean and Beautiful in 2008.
Kathy M. Jones, who has been principal since 2002, meets with parents four times per school year in the early morning "Coffee with Kathy" program.
- Fax: 770-806-3784
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:50am - 3:20pm
- Handicap Accessible: Parking spaces, ramps access to school and recreation field
- Founding Date: 1972
- Number of students: 997
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 14:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 127
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab
- Extracurricular activities available: Chorus, Violin, Safety Patrol, Earth Patrol
- Student clubs: Book Club, Chess Club, Readers Rally, Cub Club, Junior Beta Club