Gwinnett County Public Library-Lilburn Branch
The Lilburn Branch of the Gwinnett County Public Library is tucked away on Hillcrest Road, just north of Indian Trail Road.
The branch was formerly housed in a small cottage, with its children's books stacked in shelves located on an enclosed front porch. It moved into a new 10,000-square-foot building in August 1988, the product of a $16-million library bond passed by voters in 1986 that built several new branches all across the county.
The facility received new carpeting, lighting, seating and shelving in 2008.
The Lilburn Branch is one of 15 branches in the county system, offering access to 1.1 million print and media items and to more than 250 online databases. Total checkouts system-wide was more than 7 million items.
Checked-out items can be returned to any branch. Click here for a map of branches.
Like all other branches, Lilburn has computer stations (30-minute limit if there is a wait) and free wifi access (the library SSID is gcplibrary). There are separate areas for children's and Teens, and a quiet room for reading and study.
Self checkout is available. There is a 75-item limit for checkouts.
Library cards are free for Gwinnett residents, but $30 for non-residents. Information on getting a library card can be found here.
Information on checkouts, renewals and late fees can be found here.
No smoking is allowed inside or within 25 feet of the building.
- Fax: 770-717-3173
- Hours: Mon, Tue, Thu, 10am-8pm; Wed, 1pm-8pm; Fri, 10am-3pm; Sat, 10am-5pm; Sun, 1pm-5pm; Check www.gwinnettpl.org for holiday hours
- Handicap Accessible: Parking, wheelchair-accessible building
- Founding Date: 1988
- Parking: Free lot
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: 30 minutes
- Programs/classes: Lilburn Let's Talk, Preschool Storytime, Fall Into the Arts, Author Book Signings
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: No