Lilburn City Park
The Lilburn City Park, located behind the Calvin Fitchett Municipal Complex, is a popular gathering place in Old Town.
The 10-acre park is at the heart of Lilburn activities, hosting city-sponsored events throughout the year. It's also where you'll find joggers, walkers, kids on playground equipment, tennis players, church picnickers, frisbee throwers and kite flyers. The park was recently renovated with a new track, upgraded playground equipment and decorative lighting and benches. The walking/jogging track, which has graveled and rubberized portions, is nearly a half-mile around its largest loop.
The tennis courts are open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. Two courts may be reserved for ALTA and USTA play.
A large pavilion, built in 2004, is available for group rentals, with rates beginning at $60 for two hours for city residents and $85 for non-residents. For more information on pavilion rental visit the web site. There is also a large, open field, where outdoor events are frequently held, which offers plenty of room for a game of catch or to sit in the sun and enjoy a book. A covered bandstand with a raised stage adjoins the field.
- Fax: 770-921-8942
- Hours: Daily, 7am -10pm
- Handicap Accessible: Parking, wheelchair-accessible ramps, restrooms
- Parking: Free lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: The park hosts many of the city's outdoor events, including Lilburn Daze, Lilburn Idol, and Music on Main.
- Features: Benches, Concert stage, Grills, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Restrooms
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No pets, No smoking
- Area: 10 acres
- Features: Jungle gym, Merry-go-round, See-saw, Slides, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches, Restrooms, Tables
- Features: Tennis courts, Theater
- Private events: Yes